We all hope to meet someone that we can commit to, and eventually lead to a great relationship. But when you are going out you also have to take precautions and be SMART.
I want to mention a few things that you should look out for when dating – to give a warning that this person may have abusive tendencies.
They can begin to be very charming – sweet – and nice, but watch out for the following:
* getting jealous for no reason
* blaming others for their problems
* getting angry very easily
* threatening to hurt you during an argument – or raising a hand/fist
* tries to keep you away from your friends and possibly your family
* putting you down when you are in conversation and trying to control you
* putting you down especially when you are expressing yourself
* cruel to animals or children
If you see any of these signs, take a step back and really look at the relationship, try to discuss it with a friend or someone else you trust. Remember in the long term it is better to find out these things earlier on in the relationship than as things are moving forward and you begin to really “fall” for them. Lets hope you meet someone that will not have any of these tendencies but if you see they do – end the relationship.