Archive for January 2016
1. If you are not happy in your own life, it may not be time to date – he/she can’t make you happy only you can do that
2. Look at the mirror before you go out on a date, take time to dress, wash and look good. Consider where you are going and plan accordingly. Woman ask him what you will be doing – outdoor activity in the winter will require a different outfit than being indoors
3. The chemistry isn’t there on the first date but you had a good time and enjoyed the company – go out again. Unless awful stick with a 3 day rule
4. Texting is great – for running late, when to meet. But a phone call is the best form of communication. Use it..
5. If you are planning a long intense date – great for the future but not the first or second time out. If you never met go easy, a drink or café is perfect, if you get along can always extend it.
6. We all have our “ideal” – but realistic. That person may not be best, open your eyes and your heart to find someone that could even be not what you hoped for, but it the end it could be
The challenges of dating are even more difficult when you reach your 50’s and over, the “hang-outs” generally don’t cater to the more mature crowd. But you shouldn’t limit yourself to places that you “think” you may meet someone.
First off, think of what you are looking for – is it a serious relationship that would lead to marriage, or just wanting companionship, someone to hang out with and enjoy each other’s company. This could make the difference of requiring someone more local – or if you can meet a little further away.
Don’t be afraid of the technology based ways of dating, many people are not accustomed to computer use, Facebook, and the many on-line dating sites out there. Dating today has taken a whole new turn than years ago. Meeting someone who lives miles away or even in another country is challenging but with SKYPE you are just a “click of a few buttons” away.
Go out and enjoy – don’t stay at home – if you like theatre, concerts or just nice dinner’s by getting out and meeting people you never know who you can meet. Learn to network, inform friends and family that you are looking once again.
But most important – don’t stop doing what you enjoy because you are on your own, continue to live, learn and grow. If you are happy with who you are, as you meet people this will also reflect from your personality.